Your gift really counts! There are many ways to give.
Your generosity will not only benefit the students and teachers of the Washougal School District, but may also provide you with certain tax benefits. The following descriptions are just some of the ways you can contribute to the Foundation. Please contact us for additional ways to give.
Honor someone special.
- Honor a family member, loved one or respected educator with a donation in their name.
- Celebrate a birthday, wedding or other special occasion with a gift in their name.
Ask your employer to match your gift.
- Many employers maintain a matching gift program.
- Your employer may make a contribution to the Foundation that will match your gift.
- Check with your employer prior to making your donation to determine the terms and requirements of its matching gift program.
Ask your employer about setting up a direct payroll deduction.
- A small donation out of each of your paychecks can make a big difference in supporting our children's education.
- Discuss the tax benefits with your financial advisor.
Consider the future. Direct your donation to our Endowment Fund.
- Plan for tomorrow's leaders today by helping a child.
- Remembering the Washougal Schools Foundation in your will and other planned giving vehicles helps do just that.
- Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- Planned giving includes gifts of life insurance, retirement accounts, appreciated assets, gifts from your estate, charitable remainder trusts or charitable lead trusts.
Gifts of Cash.
- Contributions may be made directly to the Foundation.
- Checks should be payable to the Washougal Schools Foundation.
Gifts of Real Estate.
- Gifts of a home or farm to a charity receive special treatment under the Internal Revenue Code.
- You may retain the right to reside on the property and derive income from the property (such as a farm).
- Donor-advised funds are provided by donors to support specific projects or needs within the Washougal School District.
Give a Gift of your time.
- Volunteer your time on one of the Foundation's committees or help out at an event.
Washougal School District Payroll Deduction
- Washougal School District employees may have a deduction taken directly from their paycheck.