It's easy to apply for a Creative Classroom Grant!
The Washougal Schools Foundation has two separate grant programs:
Creative Classroom Grants
Mini-Grants (go to Mini-Grant page).
Creative Classroom Grant Application Instructions
Our Creative Classroom Grant Program is offered twice a year for grants up to $1,000. The information below will get you started on our easy grant application process.
Creative Classroom Grant Objectives:
- Incorporate direct student involvement
- Enhance and expand the educational environment of all schools in the Washougal School District
- Encourage creativity and critical thinking
- Broaden and deepen students' academic experience
Greater emphasis will be placed on the Creative Classroom Grants that meet one or more of the following funding priorities (listed in order of importance):
- Innovative ideas, which enrich the quality of our students' educational experience
- Provides educational needs for our students that go above and beyond the existing classroom curriculum
- Expands the students' ability to learn
- Maximizes the benefits of expended funds
- Provides a long term benefit to the educational environment and community
- Teacher salaries, teacher release time, teacher training
- Incentives and rewards
- Food/clothing not related to grant goals
- Travel, bus transportation
- Field Trips
- Equipment purchases ie.. computers, digital cameras, scanners, video recorders.
- Text books ie.. mirror copies for class & home use
- Those items not listed that are deemed inappropriate by the Foundation Allocation Review Committee
Who May Apply
Teachers, support staff, administrators, students, parents and other community members.
What to submit?A completed copy of the Creative Classroom Grant Application and Statement of Understanding.
- Creative Classroom Grant Application (Word) (PDF)
- Creative Classroom Grant Application Statement of Understanding (Word) (PDF)
Where to Submit?
Washougal Schools Foundation, PO Box 591, Washougal, WA 98671 or send it to us via email.
Creative Classroom Grant applications are accepted twice annually, in the spring and the fall. Application deadlines are relayed to principals, posted at schools, on our website and announced in the Post Record. The fall deadline is October 31 and the spring deadline is April 15.